This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE on windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
granul
Registered Member
OS

KDE on windows

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:34 pm
Hi!

I have installed KDE using the kdewin-installer-gui-latest, it install kde software, but how do I change the gui so windows will look like kde?

Thank you
dpalacio
Registered Member
OS

Re: KDE on windows

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:06 pm

connect(post, SIGNAL(readSignature()), qapp, SLOT(quit()));
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm
Note: That link is only for replacing the default windows desktop (background+panel) with plasma-desktop, you'll still need the Windows window manager (for window borders/window management), and it won't change the widget style (i.e. items on an application window) for Windows applications to use the Qt/KDE widget styles. To change the borders and/or widget styles (application look-and-feel) you will need to look elsewhere for 3rd-party apps.

In other words, all that KDE on Windows provides is a background application (plasma-desktop) and a collection of applications. It doesn't do much to integrate/interfere with the rest of Windows.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
jackwilson
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:45 am
I have noticed that it slows my pc.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 pm
You might try re-installing using a different compiler version - you need to uninstall and manually delete the installed folder before reinstalling. One of the steps in the installer should be to choose between the MSVS and Mingw compilers.
airc, the Mingw-compiled binaries didn't suffer from the lag that I ran into with the MSVS-compiled binaries.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.