This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable keyboard accelerator underscores in KDE4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jelloir
Registered Member
OS
Subject pretty much covers it. Is there a way to disable the underscores for keyboard accelerators in the various menu's and buttons of KDE4. I don't use keyboard accelerators and am trying to declutter my user interface.

Thanks
jelloir
Registered Member
OS
mariacary30 wrote:How to disable ? can you please explain it in details?

Using the "Apply" button as an example... An underscore is beneath the letter "p" and another example would be "Defaults" button which has an underscore under the "D".

This is only a small thing but I find these underscores look ugly especially when used with Oxygen theme and "Show icons on buttons" disabled.
Hans
Administrator
OS
I think this depends on the application style you use, and as far as I know Oxygen doesn't allow you to hide the underscores.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
onety-three
Registered Member
OS
Oxygen does allow to disable them.
Run the 'oxygen-settings' application - you should see the option "Draw keyboard accelerators" in the tab that is open on start.

Other styles that allow to do this are Skulpture, QtCurve and Bespin. I think all of those support showing them automatically when you press the Alt key, so you can have the best of both worlds. Oxygen only supports disabling them completely.
Hans
Administrator
OS
My bad, I should have checked before answering. Thanks for correcting me onety-three!

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
jelloir
Registered Member
OS
Great, thanks for the assistance.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Since this seems to be solved, please mark the topic as such by clicking on Image under the post with the solution. (More information.)