This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Auto-mount & dismount partitions?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rockstar1009
Registered Member

Auto-mount & dismount partitions?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm
I'm new around here, but not new to the internet . . . I've searched around, but all the info I've found seems to be for different distros, or much older releases, and as a bit of a Linux n00b who has broken installs in the past, I'm hesitant to past code into a terminal without knowing for sure I'm dealing with the right setup.

That said, I'm running the 11.04 Kubuntu release, and on this return trip to Linux, I'm loving the KDE experience. In fact, I'm almost ready to leave Windoze permanetly, but I'm still dual-booting until then. Since it's a pain getting Windows to see other partitions, I just make folders in the Windows partition that I link to in Kubuntu (documents, music, movies, etc.). However, anytime I want to use that link, I have to access the Windows partition through the file manager. Only then will the link to my Windows folder work. Am I able to automatically mount the partition at boot-up? It's a minor thing, but still annoying.

On the flip-side of this coin is auto-dismounting. I get lockups whenever this laptop suspends to RAM or HDD, and it seems as though it's a common & ongoing issue. I read somewhere that one cause is mounted drives causing the lockup, so again - is there anyway to automatically unmount drives when suspending (and have them automatically re-mount at awakening so the Windows links don't break, or are these two issues mutually exclusive?)?

Thanks for any and all help! :)
google01103
Manager
welcome

auto mounting of NTFS drives - see the "Manual Configuration" section https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount ... Partitions

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x