This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Compiz/Video effects configuratiom

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
osvaldofilho
Registered Member
OS

Compiz/Video effects configuratiom

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:08 pm
Hi everybody,

I have a trouble. I installed compiz in my Kubuntu 11.04 and try to configure some effects. When I put my mouse arrow near the borders of the windows the cube effect and it change to the next virtual desktop. I search in the compiz configuration something that talks about this effec, but I don't found anything.
Someone have some idea about this?
This situation is very boring because I can't work well when everytime the virtual desktop is changing.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Why don't you simply use KWin's Desktop effects? No need for Compiz in KDE as those desktop effects are part of it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager
Compiz is not related to KDE, if you have Compiz issues you should post them on the Compiz forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

osvaldofilho
Registered Member
OS
Ok, I got it!

I suppose that someone here could help, but I'm wrong!
I choose Compiz because a friend of mine tell me and show me his effects, but I lost contact with him.