This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switching back to kickoff from classic

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rosco
Registered Member
OS
kde 4.7.2 / Ubuntu 11.10

How do you switch back from "classic" to "kickoff" ???
Hans
Administrator
OS
Unlock your widgets if they're locked, then right click on the menu icon -> Switch to Application Launcher Style.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
rosco
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for that.

I assume you mean the "Application Launcher Menu".

Right clicking on that gives me 3 options:
1. Edit Applications
2. Application Launcher Menu Settings
3. Panel Options

& no "Switch to Application Launcher Style"

Any suggestions?
Wizard
Registered Member
OS
Works for me. Which KDE version do you use?
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hm, that's strange. Are your widgets unlocked?

If you can't make it switch, you can also remove it and drag Application Launcher from Add Widgets to the desired position. Something like this.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
rosco
Registered Member
OS
Fixed.

Thank you very much for your help, especially the graphic.

One more thing - how did you do that - would love to know as a picture is worth a thousand words.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Glad to hear that you like the animation. You can find more here: http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/HowTo
Here's a blog post explaining how I recorded them: http://hanschen.org/2009/09/02/record-s ... gif-files/