This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Panel change doesn't work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
andrade
Registered Member

Panel change doesn't work

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm
Using latest KDE in Kubuntu 11.10.

I've created an image with gimp, converted it to svg with inkscape and set it as my panel background in system settings>workspace appearance>desktop theme>details>panel background. Problem? No change. I use the Oxygen theme, and the panel bg is the only thing I've attempted to change, but after hitting "apply" nothing changes. Logged out and relogged back in, still no change. Am I doing something wrong?
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Panel change doesn't work

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:49 pm
Check what theme you're using in the Theme tab, it should be set to (Customized).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
andrade
Registered Member

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:56 pm
Hans wrote:Check what theme you're using in the Theme tab, it should be set to (Customized).

It is set to "Customized," however, there is no change in the panel.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 pm
Can you try to switch to another theme and back to (Customized)? You can also try to change the panel theme to another theme and see if it has any effect.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
andrade
Registered Member

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 pm
Changing from one theme to another works fine, however, changing back to "customized" brings back the Oxygen panel. Though now, when I try to change the panel setting, I get a popup message that says "Could not read usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/icons/notification-or.svgz." and I'm given the options of "autoskip," "skip," or "cancel."
andrade
Registered Member

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Here are two screenshots showing the changes in the panel bg and the fact that the panel remains roughly the same.

and

and finally, the img itself:

As you can see, there is a change, but it is very slight (instead of being more transparent, it just seems to darken) and it doesn't look anything like the image I've used. Could it be the svg version from inkscape simply doesn't work? It looks exactly like the jpg version in inkscape, so I have no idea if it's being interpreted differently in kde.
andrade
Registered Member

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm
Okay, upon further investigation, it appears that the image is being used, but the transparency setting is making it barely visible. I assumed (I know, I know) that using an image would negate any transparency settings. Is there some setting somewhere that would set the transparency to 100% opaque?