This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Change position of notification popup?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
metzman
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

Recent convert to KDE from Gnome.

Resolved most 'problems' I encountered by reading helpful forums such as this or by Googling.

However, can't find the answer to this one:

I prefer the Panel (taskbar) at the top of the screen rather than the default bottom. Moving it to the top was no problem. However, popup notifications are remaining at the bottom right of the screen, spaced a 'panels height' from the bottom edge.

Bottom Right Popup

Is it possible to change the position, I assumed the popup would 'follow' the panel and appear top right.

Thanks.

Last edited by metzman on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Yeah, if I remember correctly, it normally follows the panel if you move it. You can change the position of the notifications manually be simply dragging (when your widgets are unlocked) it to the desired position.

Welcome to KDE!

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
metzman
Registered Member
OS
Hans,

Doh! Never occurred to me to try that. :<

Many Thanks :)
Hans
Administrator
OS
You're welcome, and thanks for marking the topic as solved. Did you know that the forum has a built-in function for that? You should give it a try! ;)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts