This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with Oxygen_Black cursor theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Hyugga
Registered Member
OS
Hi everyone, i'm having problems with the oxygen_black cursor theme in KDE 4.8rc2. Specifically in Firefox/Thunderbird 9 when facebook is loading and in Netbeans. When the cursor must be the arrow with the two bubbles rolling around i get the default, ugly, little black arrow with a clock (the X11 default i guess).
I've set the /usr/icons/default/index.theme to use Oxygen_Black and all.
I've tried this in konqueror and midori (the facebook thing) and this doesn't happend.
Thanks.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does this occur with other Oxygen cursor themes?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jiak
Registered Member
I have the same problem in Firefox and it is the same with all cursor themes. The thing is, if I use Chromium with white cursor theme, the loading cursor goes back to black oxygen theme... strange.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Have you tried using the KDE System Settings mouse configuration panel to set your mouse cursor theme?

KDE Sysadmin
jiak
Registered Member
It's the same for all themes.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This appears to be a problem with non-KDE applications not following the new cursor. Can you see if there is a difference in the behaviour of Netbeans/Firefox/Thunderbird if you launch them using both KRunner/Kickoff and Konsole?

It is possible they are not picking up, or not honoring the "XCURSOR_THEME" environment variable as well.

KDE Sysadmin
jiak
Registered Member
Thanks for your replies, bcooksley.

I only have this problem with firefox. The other programs are OK. There is no difference even if I launch it from konsole.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Is this with all areas on the Firefox window, or just areas affected by Firefox plugins?

It seems that Firefox is either requesting a cursor (or cursor size) not made available by the Oxygen cursor theme(s) or Firefox is deliberately overridding your preference to use this particular cursor.

KDE Sysadmin
jiak
Registered Member
Firefox 11 fixed this for me. :)