This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Two taskbars problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
timeanomaly
Registered Member
OS

Two taskbars problem  Topic is solved

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm
Hello!
I'm new to linux, i've installed KDE in Fedora and ended with this:

Above the screen there is a normal taskbar, but i have no idea what is the thing at the bottom, and how to kill it... I will appreciate any help.
I remember i've installed some kind of taskbar or launcher in Gnome, but i've forgotten, what it was.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Two taskbars problem

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:37 pm
Hi and welcome to KDE!

Yeah, that doesn't look like a Plasma panel, it's probably another application. Do you get a menu if you right-click on it? Otherwise you can press Ctrl+Escape and see if you can find the process (try to filter for 'dock').

If it autostarts, you'll have to read the dock's documentation to find out how to stop it from starting automatically.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
timeanomaly
Registered Member
OS

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:51 pm
Thanks a lot for the hint!
while browsing the process list i remembered the name of that app!
It was Tint.
Thanks again! problem solved.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:58 pm
No problem. Please mark the topic as solved (see green text in my signature) if you're satisfied with the answer. :)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts