This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Desktop Theme->Details working on his own way

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
erngab
Registered Member
OS
I try to adjust Desktop Theme.
I do not know which part affects on Activity Manager and Add Widgets part (⁄home⁄erngab⁄.kde⁄share⁄apps⁄desktoptheme⁄mytheme)
Background of the icon is bright and I do not know how to make it darker.

should be look like this

Otherwise I use a dark theme
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9595 ... on004u.png
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/766/selection007k.png

When I settings in Workspace Appearance -> Desktop Theme -> Details, something does not work fine.
For example I change Analog Clock in my theme - Widget Background change also, Widget "Folder View" get two different look, themes (and after the restart stay different).
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4413 ... ion012.png
I have a feeling that he working on his own way, as he want.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may be experiencing cache problems. Try logging out and removing /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER/ from the console, then logging back in again.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
erngab
Registered Member
OS
I removing /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER/ from the console, maybe two or three changes work, but later does not work normally.
Help me this is what you said about deleting cashe.
I worked in this way - setting, delete cashe, setting, delete cashe, manually inserted part of theme in ⁄home⁄erngab⁄.kde⁄share⁄apps⁄desktoptheme⁄, delete cashe ... and so until I configure desktop theme,
I set up the theme again from the beginning and the problem, white icon background did not appear again - in earlier built theme bright background problem still there.
Bcooksley thanks for
You may be experiencing cache problems...and removing /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER/ ....

regards
I changed the permissions of folder /var/tmp/kdecache-erngab I put that I can only access to files (not create and delete files) now Workspace Appearance->Desktop Theme->Details working OK changes are immediately applied.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You definitely want to re-enable writing of changes once you are finished as otherwise KDE will be much slower and may experience many weird issues.

This is because things such as system configuration and icon caches are stored in there - which if not present will lead to slower startup times, etc. Also the system configuration cache is essential to the operation of KDE.

KDE Sysadmin
erngab
Registered Member
OS
Noticed that - I screwed up the whole system - nothing on desktop, missing icons, panels. no kde ... Backup with Clonezilla.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Once you re-enable writing to the cache directory the system should sort itself out, although you may need to logout and back in again.

KDE Sysadmin