This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows Konqueror and the prototype js library

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Timmer
Registered Member
OS
I haven't tested this at home, so I don't know if it's the same on Linux or not, but in the Windows version of Konqueror 4.1.2, the protoype javascript library (v1.6) doesn't work for me. The kjs makes it look like the Number object isn't understood.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug in prototype or konqueror?

Timmer, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
mensch
Registered Member
OS
It's probably Konqueror. In my experience Konqueror has a lot of problems with Javavscript. Google Maps doesn't work for example.

Is prototype.js the only running Javascript library, because conflicts with other libraries (jQuery for example) also occur when mixed with each other.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
Timmer
Registered Member
OS
mensch wrote:Is prototype.js the only running Javascript library, because conflicts with other libraries (jQuery for example) also occur when mixed with each other.

Script.aculo.us is running too, but since that more of a prototype extension, I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. But otherwise, no other libraries.

Timmer, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
mensch
Registered Member
OS
Scriptaculous should be fine, as long as the version is compatible with the Prototype version. Otherwise it's Konqueror being difficult, I'm afraid.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp