This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Inline RSS viewing in Konqueror

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mensch
Registered Member
OS

Inline RSS viewing in Konqueror

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 pm
One of the major things which is holding me back from using Konqueror is the fact that there is no way of viewing RSS feeds with it, you have to use something like Akregator.

What I'm look for is some similar way to view RSS feeds like in Safari or Firefox when having this sidebar extension installed.

Does anybody know if something is being developed? I found something about an RSS plugin for Konqueror, but that's probably the plugin which displays a little icon in the status bar when a feed is present which you can click to bookmark a feed in Akgregator.

Last edited by mensch on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
pansz
Registered Member
OS

RE: Inline RSS viewing in Konqueror

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 am
As far as I know, Konqueror is a container and it contains kparts or kioslaves, there is no difference between using a separate program and embed programs inside konqueror.

The whole idea of KDE is to "let each kde applications do one thing and all kde applications work together by embed or call each other", it is hard to see any features duplicated within KDE applications, so I don't the designer of konqueror will duplicate akregator features inside konqueror. On the contrary, embed akregator into konqueror might be possible.

Last edited by pansz on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mensch
Registered Member
OS

RE: Inline RSS viewing in Konqueror

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 am
I agree Konqueror shouldn't reinvent the wheel regarding RSS parsing. So embedding a part of Akregator in Konqueror seems like a very good option to me.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp