This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konqueror process does not end

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-particleman
Registered Member

Konqueror process does not end

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:54 am
After visiting certain websites and then closing konqueror the process sleeps instead of exiting consuming tons of memory. Its not uncommon to have 4 or 5 konqueror processes sleeping consuming 150MB of memory each. After closing Konqueror and being left with a running process if that process is then killed, upon opening Konqueror again it asks if you would like to restore the last session due to Konquer not being closed properly. Im using Arch linux, KDE 4.14.3. Like I said this does not happen after closing Konquer except after visiting certain websites visiting yahoo mail it will happen every time. When using Firefox there is no issue.
kde-particleman
Registered Member

Re: Konqueror process does not end

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:10 pm
It definitely has something to do with java because disabling java and visiting some sites that cause Konqueror to sleep instead of end fixes the issue.
pastebin exiting normally http://pastebin.com/u06AvUyf
pastebin not exiting http://pastebin.com/aX4ZW6hb

Konqueror process : The process konqueror (with pid 12433) is using approximately 152.3 MB of memory.
It is using 139.2 MB privately, and a further 71.8 MB that is, or could be, shared with other programs.

Every time I open Konqueror and then close it the sleeping Konqueror processes grown until swap is used and HD starts thrashing.
lodi
Registered Member

Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:41 pm
I have the same issue on multiple systems running ubuntu 18.04. A clean install behaves exactly the same as as a reconfigured one
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:19 am
lodi wrote:I have the same issue on multiple systems running ubuntu 18.04. A clean install behaves exactly the same as as a reconfigured one

Which is pretty outdated, especially for KDE packages, as Kubuntu 8.04 has reached its EOL in April 2021.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...