This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE keeps asking for wifi password

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
barlowrm
Registered Member
OS

KDE keeps asking for wifi password

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:28 am
Dear all,

I am having a very annoying problem with my wifi connection and ubuntu 16.10. The connection is a "WPA &WPA2 personal" type. At random intervals, a popup window appears asking for my wifi password. The connection is lost. If I close the window and force reconnection from the network manager, everything goes smoothly, i.e. the password is already known to the system, and safely stored, and connecting is not an issue.

How can I further debug this? Why is the connection being dropped, and why is it not auomatically re-establisched? Why is a password asked, when the password is clearly already known to the system? On different forums I saw that this may be related to the wallet. I tried both with and without the wallet enabled, and the problem persists.

If there are additional outputs I can provide, just let me know.

Thanks for your help,

Andrea.
jasonjason
Registered Member
Same issue with neon.
Plasma: 5.21.5
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Try setting your password in the System Settings -> Network -> Connections

I can't recall when I last time had to enter a password for any of the three networks I regularly use on this laptop.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...