This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I can't browse my phone with KDE Connect

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kitkat2712
Registered Member
On new Pairing on your phone, select "File System Expose" and allow file browsing in your phone settings.

Tried all of that, am still getting the same error. On the phone app, I have specified which folders to expose, same. Are there any other new ideas?
abury
Registered Member
OS
eiseneuter wrote:... This is the right way to do it, no need to downgrade!
On new Pairing on your phone, select "File System Expose" and allow file browsing in your phone settings.

Correct!
However--as was in my case--my phone didn't show that "File System Expose" on a new paring
so I went into the phone's Settings > Apps > KDE Connect > Storage
then cleared the cache and data
and was able to pair afresh and give permission to that Expose option

KDE neon 5.20 - Plasma 5.20.5 - Frameworks 5.78 - Qt 5.15.2 - Kernel 5.4.0-65
MadMartian
Registered Member
I managed to work around this using SSHelper (Android app) instead of KDE Connect.
In Dolphin I navigate to path "sftp://host-name-of-phone-or-ip/data/data/com.arachnoid.sshelper/files/home/SDCard/" and that works well.
Set-up a private/public key for the host and add an entry to ~/.ssh/config to streamline this.
duns
Registered Member
OS
Even after deleting data and cache in my android likebook I cannot get any storage to show (it searches for recent folders, finding them empty).
jlittle
Registered Member
OS
duns wrote:Even after deleting data and cache in my android ...

Hang in there, I've been frustrated by this since the bug first arrived, but just today it has worked ;D .
I force stopped the app before deleting data and cache. Then, after restarting KDE connect and pairing, I got a whole lot more items following the remote input item, to set up android permissions, including the "file system expose" one. I think other responders have not realized that we have not been getting that item, and we've been finding "file system expose" through the three dots menu, and a tick there is not enough.
rewati
Registered Member
I was able to access my device files at the below path.

/run/user/1000/88a3032131db5a89/primary/

Please see the below steps.

Step 1) Click on Kde connect icon on the top right corner and choose Browse device.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LXVu0T1gqcg-ktXWhpgNckk_cTILmwfg

Step 2) KDE Connect will open up the Visual Studio Code editor to browse device files.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DnwVkaoJcpCESdxLFiStK1NXOgAMY6Ft

Step 3) We can choose to browse the files with a File browser app or terminal. However, browsing with a terminal is faster compared to an app.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yx2OxRU_IJWTBU1fCAwLFxuM6gpdxHBT
maxmundus
Registered Member
Any news here?
Storage access used to work on my phone, now it doesn't anymore. (Which means I can't do my wireless backup routine)
In Dolphin, my released paths on the phone get listed but when I click it it says "/run/user/1000/-identifier-string-/primary does not exist"

I'm on version 1.14.2.
My phone is a P30 Pro with Android build no. 10.1.0.140
KDE Neon 5.19

- clearing Cache and re-pairing does not help
- downgrading to 1.8.4 does not help. Although I can now send files from KDE Neon to my phone again by right click --> send to phone via KDE Connect. This does not work on 1.14.2. It proves that KDE Connect has write access to the phones file system
- triggering the "allow storage access" system prompt in the app + manually enabling it in the phone settings --> apps does not help
- deleting ~/config/kdeconnect does not help
abury
Registered Member
OS
maxmundus wrote:... Storage access used to work on my phone, now it doesn't anymore. (Which means I can't do my wireless backup routine)
In Dolphin, my released paths on the phone get listed but when I click it it says "/run/user/1000/-identifier-string-/primary does not exist" ...

On another post I suggested using gvfs instead...

KDE neon 5.20 - Plasma 5.20.5 - Frameworks 5.78 - Qt 5.15.2 - Kernel 5.4.0-65
ilaysk
Registered Member
Edit: The fix is for not being able to send files from computer to phone. It is not relevant for this specific topic, I apologize for the confusion.

I found a fix on Reedit that worked for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/h ... s_to_your/

It seems that Android 10 applies some restrictions to the downloads folder, I'm not sure. Anyway, after a lot of failed sending attempts, I did this below and worked!

Select your computer (Phone that is) , tap on ⋮ at the upper right > Plugin settings;

Tap on the icon at the right side of Share and Receive;

Select "Customize destination directory";

In the "Destination directory", tap on it and then "allow access to downloads". You'll see that the path folder will change to /tree/downloads;

Send a file.

r/kde - If you having trouble while sending files to your phone through KDE Connect, don't forget to allow access to the downloads folder
Don B. Cilly
Registered Member
OS
Thanks. Changing- confirming, actually - the destination directory worked.
I can now browse the camera folder and copy files from it.
sebi
Registered Member
Thanks for sharing! My friend is researching this topic, so your blog helps him a lot. You are doing a great job here. I hope I'm gonna see more posts in the future. Good Luck!!

https://growtentshop.com/10x5-grow-tent/
dzon
Registered Member
Edit: saw the solution after I posted.
You need to allow "file system expose" on your kde connect android app. If it's not there, clean the cache.
Anywho, people found the solution.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.