This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Connect: Slideshow remote: Pointer

Tags: kde, connect, kde connect, slideshow, remote, pointer kde, connect, kde connect, slideshow, remote, pointer kde, connect, kde connect, slideshow, remote, pointer
(comma "," separated)
ab
Registered Member
Please move this topic to the right category

I don't know the reason, but the pointer make the screen all black and show the pointer, but if the screen goes full black it's a bit difficult to show something

An idea how to just have the pointer and not the black background?
pisanvs
Registered Member
I'm having the same problem, have you been able to fix it??
ab
Registered Member
I think it's related to what kind of "theme" or "layout manager" (I don't have the exact terms) so the transparent hover of the pointer add-on appears black. I think that if you use all the default parameters the hover should be transparent and they don't want to bother to adapt it to "other environments". So your only option is to get all vanilla to get a flawless experience
vaisakhkm
Registered Member
It might be because your compositor is off.

Just search compositor in search bar , compositor settings will come turn on enable compositor on startup... from next reboot onwards, this will tale effect

And for turning on compositor now, just press alt+shift+ f12...

Then try using kde connect presentaion pointer.
^-^ hope this will help...
ab
Registered Member
vaisakhkm wrote:It might be because your compositor is off.

Just search compositor in search bar , compositor settings will come turn on enable compositor on startup... from next reboot onwards, this will tale effect

And for turning on compositor now, just press alt+shift+ f12...

Then try using kde connect presentaion pointer.
^-^ hope this will help...

Executable: kwin_x11 PID: 1231 Signal: Aborted (6) Time: 29/12/2021 20:13:58 CET