This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help needed: Sending multiple files with KDE Connect fails

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
insomniac
Registered Member
Hi, just installed KDE Connect 1.0.3-0ubuntu2~webupd8~xenial1 on my Xubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit Thinkpad X300 and on my Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 7 Global version android 10. On same network provided by Huawei B315-936 Router.

The App work fine for sending 1 file between Laptop and Android Phone - absolutely no problems there.

The problem comes when sending multiple files, only one of the files go through, the rest is listed as Failed to send, but show up in folder(FTP on ext. SDcard) but broken.

So is this a known bug you are working on fixing, or is there something I need to do in order to get this working?

Hope for your reply soon :)

Thank you in advance.

Jan

SUMMARY
Single file transfers go through correctly, but Multiple file transfers fails, only one file is transferred to android Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 7, from Xubuntu 16.04 64bit.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Select multiple files to transfer, then right click and select Send To> KDEConnect-send choose Device and click Send.

2.Another approach were to make Thunar custom action following this guide https://rafaelc.org/tech/p/send-files-t ... e-manager/ after doing so, files again failed and only one were transferred. '

System: Lenovo Thinkpad X300

OBSERVED RESULT
Only 1 out of 5 files transferred

EXPECTED RESULT

All 5 files transferred sucessfully

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Qt Version: 5

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Host: 647814G ThinkPad X300
Kernel: 4.4.0-189-generic
Uptime: 7 hours, 34 mins
Packages: 3323 (dpkg), 5 (snap)
Shell: bash 4.3.48
Resolution: 1440x900
DE: Xfce
WM: Xfwm4
Theme: BlackCrOrange
Theme: Greybird [GTK2], Arc-Darker [GTK3]
Icons: elementary-xfce-darker [GTK2/3]
Terminal: xfce4-terminal
Terminal Font: DejaVu Sans Mono 12
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo L7100 (2) @ 1.201GHz
GPU: Intel Mobile GM965/GL960
Memory: 1881MiB / 3878MiB

Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 7:
MIUI Global 11.0.1 stable 11.0.1.0(QFGMIXM)
Android version: 10 QKQ1.190910.002
pifra
Registered Member
I also tried to send multiple pay slips from PIFRA and it said failed. This is a real bug in the system.

Umair
insomniac
Registered Member
Ok, so now we are 2 who experienced this on different devices, no word from the developers nor any response to the bug report I filed here:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426877

So, I guess this is to be hush hush and ignored until next Ubuntu version, like the the Gnome software center that was never fixed in 16.04(Gnome dev. fixed it in later Ubuntu versions but never suplied a fix for 16.04) - I say this because even though there is a bug report, nobody from KDE seem to care.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
insomniac wrote:...
So, I guess this is to be hush hush and ignored until next Ubuntu version, like the the Gnome software center that was never fixed in 16.04(Gnome dev. fixed it in later Ubuntu versions but never suplied a fix for 16.04) - I say this because even though there is a bug report, nobody from KDE seem to care.

How is this in any way related to Ubuntu or Gnome? how about you stop your rambling and give the developer time to actually work?

The bug was filed 2 weeks ago, Albert is working in his spare time on KDE Connect and you whine? I strongly suggest you read the https://kde.org/code-of-conduct and learn a bit of humility. We do care for bugs, if those are easy to fix and the devs have time to do so they will fix it. Miracles take a bit longer...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
vanilaicecream
Registered Member
If you are experiencing issues when trying to send multiple files with KDE Connect, here are some potential solutions:

Check your Wi-Fi connection: Make sure that both your phone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If the Wi-Fi connection is unstable, it may cause issues when sending multiple files.

Restart the KDE Connect app: Sometimes, simply restarting the KDE Connect app can help resolve issues with sending multiple files. Close the app on both your phone and computer, then reopen it and try sending the files again.

Check file size and format: If the files you are trying to send are too large or in an unsupported format, KDE Connect may have trouble sending them. Try compressing the files into a zip file, or converting them to a more compatible format.

Try sending files one at a time: If you continue to experience issues, try sending the files one at a time instead of all at once.

Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of KDE Connect installed on both your phone and computer. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.

If none of these solutions work, you can try reaching out to the KDE Connect community or support team for further assistance. Check More