This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What is local IP of computer that we shared connection?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xeromycota
Registered Member
I am connecting my laptop that running KDE and Arch Linux to mini-computer without GUI via direct Ethernet cable. Then by using "shared to other computer" method in Connection system setting in my laptop, I am sharing my laptop internet connection to that mini-computer. The connection is successful but I need to now the local IP of that mini-computer so I can ssh it from my laptop. How do I know the local IP of that mini-computer without operating it? This mini-computer will be stationed without human interface.
peterlewis
Registered Member
Have you tried using the most common default IP address: 192.168.1.1
nataliemor
Registered Member
You can find your computer's IP using the command line with just one command. At first, I just changed the IP address by reading about it at https://routeriplogin.com/how-to-change-your-ip-address-on-android/. Now press Win+R and call the "Run" system component. Enter "cmd" and press OK or Enter on your keyboard. Immediately start the command line of Windows. Enter "ipconfig /all" without quotes and hit Enter. After entering this command, all the information about the current connections will appear. This method allows you to determine the computer's address on the local network.