This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdeconnect in Debian 10.8 ("Buster") and in Android 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-reciprocal
Registered Member
Hi,

I have a Debian 10.8 ("Buster", currently the stable Debian release) system with an installed kdeconnect .deb package in version 1.3.3-2 and a LG K50s smartphone with Android 10.

The smartphone has kdeconnect installed in version 1.16.0, this version had been installed on my smartphone by an update of a previous kdeconnect version from the FDROID store.

In the previous version kdeconnect worked: I could transfer files from my smartphone to my Debian system (at that time Debian 10, too) and vice versa.

Now, with the newer kdeconnect version 1.16.0 on my smartphone, I cannot pair my smartphone with my Debian system anymore. Kdeconnect on my smartphone says that the are no other devices available.

What I did to resolve this issue:

1. I deleted the old pairing to my smartphone in my Debian system via the KDE system settings.

2. I specified the local IP address of my Debian system in kdeconnect on my smartphone.

3. I deleted the kdeconnect app cache on my smartphone.

4. I specified the SSID of my router as a trustable network in kdeconnect on my smartphone.

5. I restarted my smartphone during steps 1 to 4 several times.

Kdeconnect on my smartphone still does not recognize my Debian system. Kdeconnect on my Debian System does not recognize my smartphone.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Or could it be that the two kdeconnect programmes on my smartphone and in my Debian system in the versions named above do not properly work together? Do I need to install Debian 11 on my computer to resolve this issue?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Your kdeconnect in Debian is a bit over two years old. The age difference could be an issue, for sure.
There is nothing keeping you from using the older version of the Android client from f-droid, I don't think. Especially if they were working together.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
kde-reciprocal
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:Your kdeconnect in Debian is a bit over two years old. The age difference could be an issue, for sure.
There is nothing keeping you from using the older version of the Android client from f-droid, I don't think. Especially if they were working together.

Thank you for your advice, claydoh.