This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin to browse BLUETOOTH device ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alainroger
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

1. I would like to know if there is a way in Dolphin to browse bluetooth device like mobile ? Is it only possible or can we only send/receive file via bluetooh ?

2. Till now i can only send file from computer to mobile, but i can not send via bluetooth file from mobile to PC. Is there anything more i can do to solve that issue ?

thx

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Use KDEConnect?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
On the mobile device select a file using whatever file browser you use there, and then use the 'share' option on the file. Then select Bluetooth, and then select your computer.
Nothing special, and built in to the mobile OS.

Sharing is simple enough. I think physically browsing via bt would be difficult, as it may not be fast enough to use for that purpose (sending/receiving info about many files and folders, etc)
I send files from various devices via bluetooth to my computers somewhat regularly.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
alainroger
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Use KDEConnect?

Does KDE connect use bluetooth ? Because i use KDE connect via USB cable and it works great.
I want to improve flexibility and as my son has to send file to school (due to covid). However, he disconnects mobile several times from USB cable (between courses) so i was thinking to use BT (avoiding USB cable connection) to send file to school via computer. Having file on computer allows us to archive his homework.

thx

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3
dvz
Registered Member
OS
Hello,
KDEConnect works with WiFi (I don't know for BT).
Connect your phone and your computer to the same network (your internet box). Pair both. When it's done, everytime your PC and Phone will be connected to your box, then you could browse the phone with PC. And with WiFi speed it's much better than BT.

If you have WiFi detection issue, verify your firewall and add authorization if necessary (I had this problem).