This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE knocks out all devices from internet

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
awamory
Registered Member
Hello everybody, I have found 1 very bad bug for me.

If I use XFCE (Debian, Mint, Ubuntu, Manjaro) or Gnome (Ubuntu, Fedora) via virtual machine or on my real computers (with WIFI or Ethernet connection), I don't have any problems with internet connection and so on. They are using Network Manager, right?

If I use KDE (Kubuntu, KDE Neon, Manjaro) in virtual machine or on my real computers (with WIFI or Ethernet connection), the connection to internet for ALL devices at my home (local server, notebooks, iPad, android tablets, smartphones - with WiFi and Ethernet connection) are lost while KDE tryes to get internet connection. I tryed to change my router's settings but I can't solve the issue. I think it is the KDE's problem.

I wonder can I use Network Manager and remove KDE app for internet connection or any other way to solve it?

Have a nice day.
wjlesaulnier
Registered Member
I have a very similar problem. In EVERY distro I've tried with KDE Plasma. When trying to get new themes or anything else in settings manager, about three fourths of the time it gives an error and says "socket timed out" and it is extremely slow (5 minutes to download one global theme) when it does work. All other internet traffic seems fine- this only happens in the settings manager.