This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Connect remote keyboard presses not being registered

Tags: kde connect, remote keyboard kde connect, remote keyboard kde connect, remote keyboard
(comma "," separated)
Steve McClellan
Registered Member
I installed KDE Connect on my phone and desktop, and they're communicating nicely. My phone receives the message when I run
Code: Select all
kdeconnect-cli -n rebel2 --ping-msg abcde
so I'm confident that the connection is working. But no text appears on my phone when I run
Code: Select all
kdeconnect-cli -n rebel2 --send-keys abcde
and no output/error message appears on the console.

The "Remote keyboard from the desktop" plugin is checked on my desktop. My phone has a text field active and the keyboard is set to "KDE Connect Remote Keyboard". The four-icon remote keyboard bar appears at the bottom of my phone screen. Tapping the rightmost icon pops up a message that says "Remote keyboard connection is active".

The only options in the desktop's KDE Connect Indicator for the phone are battery, browse device, ring device, and send file. I'm not sure where else to look.

I'm not using Plasma on this computer, so I don't seem to have the option to use the plasmoid that the instructions say to use. But shouldn't the CLI still work? Is there somewhere else I should be looking?