This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE connect don't sync clipboard

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xyyaoliusan
Registered Member

KDE connect don't sync clipboard

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:42 pm
I have an android, a desktop and laptop both running Fedora Plasma 34. Android syncs with desktop without problem, however none of them can sync clipboard with the laptop. Other function of KDE connect works fine, including controlling media, receiving notification, remote input etc.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Android 10 or higher? If so, it is because of Android's changes there. They don't allow clipboard sharing, and requires workarounds.

If so, the only way to sync the Android clipboard to the computer is to use the KDE Connect notification on the phone's pull-down menu to manually send it.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
xyyaoliusan
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:Android 10 or higher? If so, it is because of Android's changes there. They don't allow clipboard sharing, and requires workarounds.

If so, the only way to sync the Android clipboard to the computer is to use the KDE Connect notification on the phone's pull-down menu to manually send it.

No, it's not the problem. I know the problem of android 10 and the workaround is working fine between my desktop and my android phone. The problem is my new laptop can neither sync with my desktop nor my android while all other feature of KDE connect is working perfectly fine.
xyyaoliusan
Registered Member
I find out it is because my laptop uses wayland while desktop uses x11. I am submitting a bug.