This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How redirect microphone to remote Windows under KRDC?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
josephn
Registered Member
This post is an elaboration of viewtopic.php?f=18&t=171489 , which probably didn't have enough information.

I'm remoting in to a Windows Server 2019 machine from an updated Fedora 34 with the most recent KRDC and other KDE components. The remote server is configured to allow audio in both directions. When I remote in from a Windows machine, it all works correctly--my local microphone is redirected to the remote audio in, and the remote audio out is redirected to my local machine. Under KRDC, however, only the remote audio out works as expected. I have not found any way to deliver my local microphone's signal to the remote machine. (The local computer is a Lenovo P1 Gen 3, with NVIDIA Quadro.)

How can I redirect my local microphone to the remote machine?

TIA.

--
JN
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, do you use the default Pulseaudio settings? I don't think krdc is to blame here.
In your case Pipewire might be a better solution, but that goes beyond our forum. Fedora should be well placed to be able to help you with that, as Pipewire was made by Red Hat.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...