This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KRDC-FreeRDP-impaired operation on remote computer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
josephn
Registered Member
I'm not certain what the specific builds are or how to find them, but today, 2021-11-06, I did a fresh install of the KDE spin of Fedora 35. The operation of KRDC is quite different from what it was a week ago. Now, when RDPing into a remote Windows session, KRDC opens up a FreeRDP window, which shows the remote desktop. The user cannot see the remote machine's taskbar, only the local machine's taskbar. Maximizing the FreeRDP window makes no difference. Maximizing the KRDC window results in a situation where the user cannot click the bar at the top of the window that contains the remote session controls, including reduce to window and disconnect. As a result, the only way to extricate oneself from the remote machine is to alt-ctrl-del and logoff, or possibly alt-ctrl-esc to force quit (I didn't try the latter). This is all sorts of confusing and wrong--the relationship between the open KRDC and open FreeRDP windows, the inability to see the remote taskbar, and the inability to reduce the KRDC window containing the remote desktop.

--
JN
nl.smart
Registered Member
Hi,

If your display and monitor compositor is set with Wayland try to switch to XRender OpenGL 3.1

Code: Select all
[nls@nls-pc ~]$ echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
x11
[nls@nls-pc ~]$ pamac search --installed krdc
krdc                                                         21.08.2-1  extra
    Remote Desktop Client
[nls@nls-pc ~]$

To share a windows (7 and 10) desktop I installed UltraVNC_1_3_42_X64_Setup

no issue with this configuration and software's.
josephn
Registered Member
I'll give that a try this weekend when I'm back with that machine. Thanks.

--
JN