This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

cannot connect android phone to laptop via USB cable...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rharsh
Registered Member
Hello,

I use Manjaro KDE. I am on KDE 5.22.5. I am new to Manjaro and KDE. I found few issues that i searched to resolve:

1. When I connect my Samsung Note 20 to my laptop using USB cable, I see mount and open option. When i click there, I see pop up as "no storage media found. make sure your device is unlocked and MTP enabled in USB connection settings". There is no such setting in my phone. I have tried jmtpfs, filezilla and ftp + server methods which did not work.
2. The KDE connect app did not even find my android phone and so did the android KDE connect app.
3. There is no direct and clean method i found to make panel, menu transparent. I am not sure of transparency widget will work and keep panel auto hide.
4. I have to move my cursor on menu to shut down my laptop as the tab key does not take me there and shut it down instead opens some selected favourite app.
5. The tux cursor installed from settings is not working.

Despite these issues, I have found KDE to be great desktop. I have loved it since day 1. If this issue is resolved, it will help me a lot.

Thanks,

Harsh
rafaellinuxuser
Registered Member
OS
rharsh wrote:Hello,

I use Manjaro KDE. I am on KDE 5.22.5. I am new to Manjaro and KDE. I found few issues that i searched to resolve:

1. When I connect my Samsung Note 20 to my laptop using USB cable, I see mount and open option. When i click there, I see pop up as "no storage media found. make sure your device is unlocked and MTP enabled in USB connection settings". There is no such setting in my phone. I have tried jmtpfs, filezilla and ftp + server methods which did not work.

Maybe you didn't notice, but your Samsumg phone will ask you just when you plug your USB cable or when you try to "open" from Plasma. Then you must choose "Data transfer" or similar option (I have no my Samsung "alive" just now , so I can't just tell you exactly message). In fact, while you have a phone plugged via USB, Android will show you in dragable upper bar always al least 3 options about what kind of connection do you want to have between your PC and your phone).

2. The KDE connect app did not even find my android phone and so did the android KDE connect app.

KDE Connect doesn't not require USB cable, cause you link it thru Wireless. But be sure your Manjaro firewall don't block KDE Connect port.

3. There is no direct and clean method i found to make panel, menu transparent. I am not sure of transparency widget will work and keep panel auto hide.

Agree, not clear. It depends on each theme.

4. I have to move my cursor on menu to shut down my laptop as the tab key does not take me there and shut it down instead opens some selected favourite app.

Why not to use <Ctrl><Alt><Supr> and choose what to do?

5. The tux cursor installed from settings is not working.

Despite these issues, I have found KDE to be great desktop. I have loved it since day 1. If this issue is resolved, it will help me a lot.