This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kopete msn won't connect because of .eu address?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cenebris
Registered Member
Hi, I can't connect to msn from kopete. It starts connecting an suddenly without any error message it's offline. maybe it's because i have a *.eu account (not hotmail or something). MSN, Kmess, miranda work ok.

cenebris, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Which version of Kopete?

I use my Gmail for MSN and it works fine (0.12.5).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
echoes
Registered Member
OS
i have the same problem with kopete 0.60.81 on kde 4.1.81 on opensuse 11.0. it has been this way since kde 4.1.80.

but i don't have a .EU account. i use it with gmail.

this is the error message generated from command line:

kopete
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
kopete(8365)/libkopete Kopete::PluginManager::loadPluginInternal: Unable to find a plugin named ' "kopete_msn" '!
kopete(8365)/libkopete Kopete::PluginManager::loadPluginInternal: Unable to find a plugin named ' "" '!

Last edited by echoes on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Do you have libmsn? I think the newer versions of Kopete depend on it to get Messenger support.

Last edited by Hans on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
echoes
Registered Member
OS
i do, yes. version 3.9.90-1.2 from the packman repo.
YeahReally
Registered Member
OS
I have a .co account working fine with kopete built last weekend

Debian GNU/Linux Lenny
KDE 4.1.96

How many bugs have you triaged today?
echoes
Registered Member
OS
i'm not using packages i compiled myself, but the official opensuse packages from:
KDE 4.2 >= 20081128 "release 1.1"

so that is about a week old, your packages are newer YeahReally which of course means the problem might have been fixed...

UPDATE:
i figured out what my problem was. apparently, the msnm plugin was scrapped/renamed in favor a new WLM plugin! this was the reason for the connection (and other) problems. i deleted all my contacts that were showing up blank, then re-created my "WLM" account & it works fine now.

Last edited by echoes on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cenebris
Registered Member
Well I tried recreating my msn account but still no luck. It won't connect with no reason. Any ideas? Using latest stable kopete from kubuntu 8.10

cenebris, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
@cenebris: Which version of Kopete are you using? ( I don't use Kubuntu, so I can't even get the package version ).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
echoes
Registered Member
OS
cenebris wrote:Well I tried recreating my msn account but still no luck. It won't connect with no reason. Any ideas? Using latest stable kopete from kubuntu 8.10

sorry, i guess our problems were not the same.