This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

website causes konqueror to hang

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
waldelf
Registered Member
OS

website causes konqueror to hang

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:59 am
Please visit this site (its just an austrian newspaper) and tell me what konquerors problem with this site is... or if i am alone with my experience :)
i tried the domain-specific settings and rejected all plug-ins and disabled javascript but no success

http://derstandard.at/

Kubuntu 12.04 x64 | KDE SC 4.8
Nvidia 8800 GTS | Core2Duo E6600 | 4 GB RAM
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: website causes konqueror to hang

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:49 pm
I had no problem with the site, other than the amount of flash content on the site did cause Konqueror to totally destroy the page ( I couldn't scroll after a small period ). But definitely does not hang.

I would recommend upgrading to latest trunk, I am running 4.1.81 currently. It may also help to clear Konqueror's cache ( I believe Sweeper in kdeutils can help here )

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sayakb
Administrator
OS
For me, with 4.1.80, konqueror does not freeze but page is unusable after it loads completely.

JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
It used to crash for me in KDE 4.1.3. Now in Beta1 the tab just becomes totally unresponsive after the page loads. At least the other tabs work and you can close the derstandard one quite easily.

JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008.
DanielW
KDE Developer
OS
Yes same here. The tab with derstand.at freezes and doesn't do any drawing at all (when switching back to it).

I think you should make a bug report on http://bugs.kde.org if it is not already there.

DanielW, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
waldelf
Registered Member
OS
yeah... oke.. i admit the title is misleading... what all of you experienced is what i meant.. konqueror doesnt crash.. just the tab freezes somehow.. looks like a bug.. how to find out what causes it?

Poliander
Registered Member
OS
Konqueror crashes after loading this page on my 4.2 SVN installation (using Flash 10); this bug report implicates that it doesn't have been fixed yet.

Last edited by Poliander on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 | Kernel 2.6.27.6 | KDE 4.3 SVN
Nvidia 8600M GS | Core2Duo T7300 | 2 GB RAM
waldelf
Registered Member
OS
they changed the page layout.. it works now! but i don't think this bug is resolved... has anyone found other pages that can do this "trick" ?

piotr5
Registered Member

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 pm
not sure if it's same error since underlying webkit has been changed, but now every livejournal site makes konqueror tab hang while konqueror itself can still use menus and such. for example visit https://polywogsys.livejournal.com/tag/ ... ess_scroll in konqueror 20.08.3