This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konqueror + Certificate Authentication

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rettich
Registered Member
OS
On my campus they are using a website with certificate authentication.

This worked fine under KDE3 and still works with Firefox, but since KDE4 there is no way to access the page with Konqueror.
The web page always says something like: "Certificate not installed"

I've tried all types of configurations but with no success. So is this a bug in KDE4 or I'm the only one with this problem?

Murphy's Law is recursive. Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Custom Certificate support was not implemented in KDE 4.1, I think there might have been some work for 4.2, but I tested it shortly after the hard feature freeze and still got errors, so it has still probably not been fully implemented.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sayakb
Administrator
OS
You can ask your campus sysadmins for the software cert bundle. Then you can import it from Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Crypto -> Your certificates -> Import

Rettich
Registered Member
OS
I'm still learning about certificates and all the stuff.

So some questions:
The bundle is a .pem file, right? I can download this from the website of the sysadmins.
But under "Your certificates" I can only import my own cert (which is a .pfx file).
So I've imported the bundle under "SSL signers" but this doesn't help.

In Firefox I just import my own certificate and everything works fine. But I don't want to use Firefox :'(

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may need to add the appropriate configuration under "Authentication" in the "Crypto" module as well.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sayakb
Administrator
OS
It should be the same (as it is same for me). I have my cert imported to access my university's portal which otherwise had the same security error. PFX is nothing but a personal information exchange file that in my case authorizes me to view the portal's content (with the help of credentials ofcourse).
Also, in my case, I have a .cer file which is a public cert, and a .pfx one which is a private cert. Though I just import my personal cert.

Rettich
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:You may need to add the appropriate configuration under "Authentication" in the "Crypto" module as well.

I try all possible configurations there but nothing helped.

I think I found the bug (or at least one bug), so I'm not the only one with this problem:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=178806

Last edited by Rettich on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk76
Registered Member
OS
Rettich wrote:
bcooksley wrote:You may need to add the appropriate configuration under "Authentication" in the "Crypto" module as well.

I try all possible configurations there but nothing helped.

I think I found the bug (or at least one bug), so I'm not the only one with this problem:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=178806

I reported this one:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157771

bk76, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.