This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kopete webcam+audio conversation ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
flow
Registered Member
OS

Kopete webcam+audio conversation ?

Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:17 pm
I want to ask if kopete will have webcam+audio conversation function on next stable release of kde4.2 ?
Also, there is some bugs with kopete on kde4.2beta2, when I go to the configuration of webcam, it freezed.Does anyone know why ?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does attempting to use other applications with your Webcam cause them to freeze? If not, could you please search for, and if not present file a bug for this issue so it can be (hopefully) fixed for 4.2?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sayakb
Administrator
OS
@OP
Also, when you report the bug, please post the link to the bug report here. Thanks.

flow
Registered Member
OS
Thanks all.The problem has been solved today, but I don't know the reason.
However, another problem is that the mirror preview setting does not saved afted I save my configuration setting.
Anyway, will there be video+audio conversation in kopete in kde4.2 ?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I can only guess, however it probably will, at least for some protocols ( maximum of those that support video + audio ) given that it has a dialog for webcam configuration.

You will have to try with each protocol individually, or check with a Kopete developer to find out which protocols support audio + video.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]