This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] "Disable integration" of other apps in Konquerors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pano
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I recently switched from Opera to Konqueror as my main web browser.
There is only one problem that is bugging me:

Nearly every application is integrated in Konqueror.

A quick example:

I clicked on an image file in Konqueror, but instead of just loading the image and displaying it, Konqueror shows me a dialog, where I can choose to save the file or open it with Gwenview.
I would rather directly get to see the image.

Another thing is the KGet integration:
If I try to save a simple picture, konqueror loads up KGet to do that.
For small things I'd rather see konqueror saving/downloading the thing directly (I know this is possible, as I have seen it before)

Thanks in advance

pano

pano, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
KMess!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
KGet integration can be disabled in KGet's configuration. Usually when I click on an image it is directly displayed in Konqueror, you must be missing the Gwenview KPart. This may be part of a seperate package.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pano
Registered Member
OS
First of all: thanks for the answer.
The Problem with KGet is, that although I disable the option "Use KGet as Konqueror Download Manager" (from the right-click menu on KGets tray icon), Konqueror still shows me the dialog and after exiting KGet and restarting it again, the Checkbox is checked again...
This seems like a bug to me :-D

I'll open a bugreport tomorrow for this, in the meantime:
Do you also experience this?

I'm running KDE from trunk

about the picture/gwenview thingy: I'll need to look it up tomorrow.

thanks

KMess!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The right click menu option is only temporary, and would require Konqueror to be restarted. To make it permenant, open KGet, Settings > Configure KGet > Advanced. Uncheck "Use as download manager for Konqueror" and apply. Make sure to restart Konqueror so it can fully take effect.

KDE Sysadmin
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Regarding the image issue, right click on the image in Konqui, and select properties. In the properties window, click on the settings button (next to the "Type" area) and in the "Application preference order", send Gwenview to the top.

pano
Registered Member
OS
@LinuxIsInnovation
Thanks for the answer, but the solution you described, is about opening files from my Harddisk. Since I use Konqueror as web browser only, this doesn't help me.

The problem got solved, when I finally switched from x86 to x86_64 bit Arch Linux yesterday (I had this planned a long time ago :-D) (this means I had to completely reinstall my whole Arch Linux Installation including KDE).
Now everything works again.

thanks for the answers

Last edited by pano on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMess!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Glad to hear you managed to resolve the problem. Could you please mark this thread as Solved? Thanks in advance.

KDE Sysadmin