This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kopete and AIM and Yahoo connections?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Cader
Registered Member
OS
Kopete version: 0.60.2
KDE version: 4.1.2
Debian experimental packages.

Just a quick question to anyone using Kopete for AIM or Yahoo.
In the past few days has the connections for you stopped working?

I am behind a firewall at work that used to block the default connections to all IM servers (MSN, AIM, Yahoo). I used to have to use http method for everything but they have been changing things here and I think loosened that restriction.

I used to be able to connect to all IM types (MSN, AIM, Yahoo) just fine but the last week or so I noticed that AIM and Yahoo just stay "Connecting" while MSN and Jabber to Gtalk work fine.

I looked at bugs.kde.org and see a ton of "crash" reports but I am not crashing - just not connecting anymore.

Just curious if anyone that is NOT behind a firewall is having connection issues?

Thanks
mattr
KDE Developer
OS
I don't have any connection issues for AIM when I tried a couple of nights ago, but it's possible it could have changed since then. You're the first person I know of that's having issues. We'd normally see a flood of bug reports if something had changed drastically that kept a ton of people from logging on

Matt
blauzahl
Mentor
OS
Cader wrote:Kopete version: 0.60.2
KDE version: 4.1.2
Debian experimental packages.

Just a quick question to anyone using Kopete for AIM or Yahoo.
In the past few days has the connections for you stopped working?
Just curious if anyone that is NOT behind a firewall is having connection issues?

It's working fine for me.

Could it be something else they changed?
Cader
Registered Member
OS
Yeah - I tried pidgin and it didn't work either.
Was really trying not to have the "gnome" libs installed if I didn't have to.

Unfortunately I can't go to the network guys to complain about why my IM isn't working when we aren't supposed to use it...
TFrog
Registered Member
Kopete 0.60.2 is still riddled with bugs. Some not obtrusive and others down right irritating. My biggest complaint about 0.60.2 is it always brings back ignored contacts when closed or if you go into "offline" mode and return to "online" mode. I've submitted a bug to that extent. Of course I'm running 0.60.2 on Kubuntu 8.10 which I'm testing.