This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konqueror Auto Spell Check and Invisible Text

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
AGFApan
Registered Member
Recently I decided to give Konqueror a try and ran into a strange problem. When a text area of a web page has a dark background, and auto spell check is enabled, correctly spelled text will always display as black regardless of the text color that is specified in the CSS. However, misspelled words and punctuation will display with the correct color. Turning off auto spell check fixes this problem. It seems that with dark text areas there is a choice between having text that is hard or impossible to see or no auto spell check.

Here is a simple test page:
http://uranus358.narod.ru/test.html

I'm not sure if it is just me, but I am experiencing this problem in Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 8 using Konqueror Version 4.1.2 (KDE 4.1.2).
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You can also experience this problem with poorly done sites that do not specify text color when they specify background color or vice versa, when using dark themes. while I prefer darker themes I virtually have to use a light one just to be able not to strain my eyes reading white on white / black on black text.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]