This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Using the Full Screen on a Samsung 2253lw monitor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Garthhh
Registered Member
OS
I'm using a hp dc 5000sff pc with the onboard graphics card [Intel 865GV (82865g) chipset with Intel Extreme 2 integrated graphics]
my distro is mageia 1
the monitor supports a resolution of 1680 x 1050
so far the best set up seems to be 1024 x 768 I wish I could put my panels in the blank spaces on the sides of the screen or other wise use the entire screen

Last edited by Garthhh on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Samsung2253

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm
Could you please reformulate the topic? Your title doesn't make sense: Is this a statement, a question or what is this about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
yurchor
Registered Member
OS

Re: Samsung2253  Topic is solved

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm
1. Please use Mageia control center first to set the resolution: "Hardware->Configure graphics server".

2. Choose the resolution you want (If this cannot be done, it's a driver problem - Intel does not support this chip anymore. So you should report bug to Intel.)

3. Click "Test", then click "Exit".

4. Choose KDE resolution: "System Settings -> Hardware -> Display and Monitor". Ensure that the resolution is correct.

That's all.
pablo
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm
Hi,

Your question is difficult to answer because it's vague. I believe what you're asking is why your monitor's maximum resolution is not supported by your graphics card.

In the IRC, yurchor did some research (via google) and it appears your graphics card should support your monitor's resolution. This suggests that the problem may be rooted in the graphics driver you're using. I'd check with your Distro. Your question is non-KDE related.

Good luck!

Cheers,
-pablo
Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 am
pablo wrote:Hi,

Your question is difficult to answer because it's vague. I believe what you're asking is why your monitor's maximum resolution is not supported by your graphics card.

In the IRC, yurchor did some research (via google) and it appears your graphics card should support your monitor's resolution. This suggests that the problem may be rooted in the graphics driver you're using. I'd check with your Distro. Your question is non-KDE related.

Good luck!

Cheers,
-pablo

Thanks yurchor & pablo
I didn't realise there was a 2nd set of setting on MCC [Mageia Control Center]
I Installed the samsung monitor after doing the install of the operating system. my pc was still under the impression that I had a smaller dell monitor

kinda the nature of questions sometimes, refine as you go

I'm liven' wide now :D
Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:05 am
Mamarok wrote:Could you please reformulate the topic? Your title doesn't make sense: Is this a statement, a question or what is this about?

sorry bout that
I was intent on getting the model number down & forgot the rest of the thought