This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

iPod not ejecting completely

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

iPod not ejecting completely

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 am
Running Mint 12 KDE. When I plug in my iPod, it properly mounts, and my software talks to it. When I'm finished, I eject the iPod. On Ubuntu, the iPod would disconnect from the USB port, but still charge on it. With KDE, the OS seems to eject it, but it's still blinking, acting as if it is still connected to the USB port for communication. Is there any way I can manually do a more complete eject? The eject command seems to only work for the CD tray.

- X-Man
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

Re: iPod not ejecting completely

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 am
More info. It will successfully work if I eject using "sudo eject" in a terminal. Is there someway to modify the system tray device notifier privileges so that I can properly eject it completely?

- X-Man
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: iPod not ejecting completely  Topic is solved

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 am
I believe the Device Notifier does not send the eject command for removable media such as USB devices because it requires the device to be reconnected before they can be used again.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

Re: iPod not ejecting completely

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41 pm
OK, I can accept that. It's the more user-friendly way of doing things. At least there is a way to do it manually (the sudo eject). Thanks!

- X-Man