This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmid issue with fluidsynth

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
moreland
Registered Member

Kmid issue with fluidsynth

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 am
System is a ThinkPad T61 running OpenSuSE 12.1 64 bit.
I installed:
KMid Version 2.4.0
Using KDE Development Platform 4.7.2 (4.7.2) "release 5"

When I configure Kmid soft synths, the fluiidsynth tab shows the correct path and the message "Found version: 1.1.4" However, there is a red flag to the right of the message, and the Run Fluidsynth at startup option is grayed out.

I cannot find anything about required fluiidsynth versions or the meaning of the red flag.

Kmid will play files with timidity 2.13.2 as the soft synth. (It gets a green flag.)

Any ideas what the problem is with fluidsynth?

Thanks,
Howard
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Kmid issue with fluidsynth  Topic is solved

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:17 am
If you try to interact with Fluidsynth directly (via a console or test application it has) does this indicate why KMid seems to have problems interacting with Fluidsynth?

Perhaps it is a configuration issue, so please check that as well (I haven't used KMid, but it apparently has a Fluidsynth specific configuration interface)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
moreland
Registered Member

Re: Kmid issue with fluidsynth

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 am
Solved.

The Fluidsynth-specific configuration interface has a default path to the soundfont file that was wrong for my system. I changed to a correct path, clicked "apply", got a green flag, and could check the Run Fluidsynth at startup option.

Kmid is working now.

Thanks,
Howard