This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmix not saving settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Fintan
Registered Member
OS

Kmix not saving settings

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:36 am
Kubuntu11.10, kde 4.8.2

After some fooling around I finally got the mic working

I have to set internal mic to 100% and capture in kmix mixer to 50% to get it to work with skype.

But after a reboot internal mic and capture are reset to 0.
How can I get kmix to save that setting?

My firend is an ex windows user and telling her to reset kmix after every computer start/wakeup confuses her no end.

I tried changing the setting in alsamix then:
Code: Select all
sudo alsactl store

Nada.
I also tried pluse audi mixer but the mic sounds terrible, so I scrapped pulse and only have alsa.

Where can I edit a file so that the kmix restarts with the changes active?

I looked at~/.kde/config/kmixctrlrc but that didn't help.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Kmix not saving settings

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 am
For me pulseaudio works perfectly fine, using current Kubuntu 12.04 beta 2. I just set everything to maximum in Alsa, then use the Veromix plasmoid to fine-tune Pulseaudio where needed. Removing default setups is not necessarily a good idea, as this is the best tested option. I haven't run into Pulseaudio problems since the start of 11.10.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Fintan
Registered Member
OS

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:40 am
Thank you for that and I am happy it has been working for you. Unfotunately pulse just doen't work here. I tried veromix. couldn't find a microphone, and that is what i need.

Still don't know how to save kmix settings.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 am
KMix should restore the settings.
Have you checked to see if any other scripts, provided by your distribution, are re-disabling it?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Kmix not saving settings  Topic is solved

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 am
Probably Bug #293043. See comments for workaround.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Fintan
Registered Member
OS

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 am
Thank you for that. It seems to work on my system. I'll have to check my freinds system.
Cheers :)