This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
danlawrence
Registered Member

ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 pm
Hello, I am using KDE v4.5.3 (within Mepis 11). The issue is file-type associations with Amarok/Kmplayer. I can find no way to associate/disassociate specific audio file-types with these players (as you can in Windows) thru their settings menus. My immediate problem is that when I designate that a playlist should be played thru a local player (rather than a site-embedded web player) the playlist automatically opens in Kmplayer. I want it to open in Amarok, which has better audio output controls. How do I solve this problem? And, how do I associate specific file-types with specific players in KDE? Thanks.
google01103
Manager

Re: ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 pm
1st and probably irrelevant but what is "a site enabled web player"?

easiest solution - in Dolphin right click a play list -> open with -> other -> type Amarok -> click "remember ........" -> click ok

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 am
The other way to do this is through System Settings > File Associations, although you will need to know the mimetype of the playlist files in order to do this - or the extension (haven't tried using the extension before in the filter bar before though I will admit - it may not work).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]