This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Scribus crashes on Kubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jorgecacho
Registered Member

Scribus crashes on Kubuntu

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 am
Hi all,

I have been working with Scribus + Linux Mint (KDE) for months without any error.

But now I'm using Kunbuntu (12.10) and Scribus crashes one and again (I can work for some minutes and then not only Scribus crashes but I am logged.out for Kunbuntu)

Does any have any clue to fix this?

THANKS!

Jorge
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Scribus crashes on Kubuntu

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am
How about filing a bug for Scribus? The correct location is http://bugs.scribus.net/my_view_page.php

Keep in mind that it is not KDE software, and without a proper crash report that shows where the problem lies there is little we can do to help you

FWIW: using Kubuntu 12.10 here with Scribus 1.4.1 svn (the Ubuntu repos don't have a regular 1.4.1 for some unknown reason, and the svn version is shipped with the 1.4.0 version number, but in the window it states 1.4.1 svn) I can't reproduce the problem, so maybe something is wrong in your installation.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am
The simultaneous logout from KDE at the same time as Scribus indicates that this is likely a crash in X or a graphics driver. Have you tried checking /var/log/Xorg.*.log?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jorgecacho
Registered Member

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 am
Thanks all,

These are /var/log/Xorg.*.log files I have (just when Scribus has crashed). I'm sorry I don't have the skills to "read" them ;-O

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10584140/Xorg.0.log
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10584140/Xorg.0.log.old

Thanks

Jorge
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Scribus crashes on Kubuntu  Topic is solved

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:34 am
The only error I see in the log is that you don't have fglrx installed apparently, which is the 3g driver for the Radeon card. Maybe installing it would help.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jorgecacho
Registered Member

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm
Thanks Mamarok!

I've installed fglrx and by the moment Scribus is working without any crash ;-O

Thanks a lot!!!