This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kolorpaint has no kolors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SomeOldFool
Registered Member
OS

Kolorpaint has no kolors

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm
Since a recent update (not sure when) the color palette does not display in Kolorpaint on my laptop, but it does on my desktop machine, and I can't find a way to make it display. Therefore I cannot change colors. Clicking any choice on the color menu does nothing, except that choosing .directory gives this error: 'Could not open color palette ".directory" - unsupported format. The file may be corrupt.'

Any help is appreciated.
Mikie
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Kolorpaint has no kolors

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 am
Can you reproduce under a new user?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
SomeOldFool
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 pm
Not reproduced. User newguy has a color palette appearing in Kolorpaint. I checked the kolorpaint.rc file for newguy, but there is nothing in there about the palette.
Mike
SomeOldFool
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kolorpaint has no kolors  Topic is solved

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 pm
I compared the contents of the kolorpaintrc files on my laptop (no palette) and desktop (has a palette) and didn't see any differences, but just for fun I copied the one from the desktop to the laptop and... bingo, I have a color palette :) Not sure what the problem was as I saw no difference in the rc files, but I'll take it. You can mark this one solved.
Thanks,
Mike
scummos
Global Moderator
OS

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:09 am
Sorry I can't help with the actual problem, but you can use the "diff" program (or kdiff3 as a graphical interface) to compare files easily. :)

I'm working on the KDevelop IDE.