This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmix - sliders

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tele
Registered Member

Kmix - sliders

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm
I don't have 2 sliders, Do You have this sliders?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Kmix - sliders

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 pm
Those are not sliders, but add-ons. A Mic Boost is a function that just adds +20dB, so no slider needed, ditto for the Surround sound, that is a function of your sound card that makes a sound behave in a certain mode, no slider needed.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
tele
Registered Member

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 pm
no slider needed

Your post not convinced me. :-\
Maybe I not needed this slider,
but this possible create slider for Mic Boost ?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 am
Oh well, I didn't intend to convince you, I just explained to you what a "mic boost" function is, which you apparently refuse to understand: It does not need a slider as this is a function that you either switch on or off, a slider would be pretty pointless for an on/off function as there is nothing to slide!

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
tele
Registered Member

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 am
I was problem with 3D , and kmix not worked properly.
I seen 2 sliders for Surround sound and 1 slider for Mic Boost, ( I'm not sure , I don't have proves )
so this sliders exist but not active . In alsamixer also I can't change this settings.
Maybe not all people have this sliders?
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Kmix - sliders  Topic is solved

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm
They are not meant to be sliders, they are options. You can turn on surround and can turn off surround, you can not control how much surroundness there is (I am not sure what that would do anyway).
It's the same thing with the mic boost. Either you turn on a 20dB boost or you don't.

Both are features of your sound chip. A different chip will provide different features. In particular some chips allow you to control how much mic boost you want such that then you would have a slider where you can set any boost value between 0dB to 20dB. This control is not supported by your sound chip, so that is why you do not have a slider but can only mute (turn off the boost) or unmute (turn on the boost).

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
tele
Registered Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 am
Thanks.
I use Mic Boost because I can not hear myself on the microphone and this is helpful.
( but my web radio playing louder than sound from mic boost )
For test I use Audacity.
I do not know but I guess option "capture" (marked) in Kmix disable OSS sound or disable slider example for "Mic".
In GMixer after enable in "devices" "OSS Mixer" I can add "In-gain" (In-gain this is track from GMixer preferences) ,
this works like slider for "mic boost" in Kmix, ( this not working when "mic boost" in Kmix is disable )
and that is why I asked about the slider.

This option in GMixer a little helped me, but I was still not satisfied, sound from mic is still too quiet.
After amplitude in Audacity I see this is max what can I do ( above I hear crackling noises ) ,
when I trying to regulate "In-gain" from GMixer.
I will try compile and install realtek driver for my sound card, maybe this help and sound will be clearer.

Edit:
I not yet compile driver , but I found something, realtek have like "microphone capacity boost" I can't explain for English language,
but this is like "mic boost" , but I'm not sure it is the same.
Is this the same like "mic boost" or other option?