This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

RV710/730 HDMI Audio even tho I select Built-in-Audio error

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
orbmiser
Registered Member
First Post as was using Mint 14 Cinnamon and decided to give KDE 4.9.4 a spin.
Back in 2007 really hated KDE and was a Gnome user before leaving Linux due to lack of Photo & Video editing apps.

Decided to give it another go in Oct. and simply amazed at the progress and mature apps like darktable & Rawtherapee
for my photography work. And was impressed with Cinnamon. But familiarizing with different distro's.
Decided to give KDE a whirl and wen Whoaa! am very impressed with the polish and usability for my needs.
Awesome work. Just a couple issues which one is outlined below.

Was getting this and clicking cancel. As use built in audio instead and sound seems to work fine.
Tho Select Master Channel keeps reverting back to RV710/730 HDMI Audio even tho I select Built-in-Audio.

I finally selected Do not ask again and click on yes.
Should I be concerned? As Amarok,Notifications,etc sounds seem to be working.

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Nice to hear you like KDE :)

And no, no need to be concerned, this is a known bug, the Phonon devs are working on it

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
orbmiser
Registered Member
Thought as much and thanks for letting me know.

I heard a rumor that using KDE will improve my chances with the ladies.
And give me more Vigor and Energy for this ole' fart. Is it True? :o

valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
orbmiser, I would appreciate it if you would re-read the KDE Code of Conduct. http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/. In my opinion, your post falls short.

Valorie

orbmiser
Registered Member
More Specific How?

You mean we can't joke about ourselves even?
As it was about me and not inflamatory or aimed at any user's

Sorry if it crosses the line? Just would like to know where the line is?

Mamarok
Manager
OS
The line is very easy: stay on topic, then you can't do anything wrong.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...