This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio totally screwed up in kde 4.10.3/4

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Not a problem. Just out of interest - did the Powerdevil memory leak show up on just the one system, or on multiple systems? You may actually be affected by KDE Daemon (kded4) problems, which might go part of the way to explaining audio problems, as well as the different behaviour of system tray icons.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
zeke
Registered Member
The powerdevil issue is on both machines I have been working with. I've found reference to this type of problem elsewhere, over a long time period, including recently - sorry I don't have a link. I realized that kded4 was using up to almost 2GB per user after a few days. I removed the file /usr/share/kde4/services/powerdevil.desktop and the memory problems went away.

I don't think powerdevil is related to my audio problems. It just seems that the one webcam (logitech C310) simply will not recover from sleep on the machine where it is installed. It is being detected, it appears in lsusb, I get similar statements about it in syslog as on the other machine w/ a different logitech web cam that does not show the same issues, but it does not work.

BTW I cited above some syslog statements that are probably red herrings - for example, for awhile I thought that the statement that a working profile was not found was a clue, but I got it to not work without that statement appearing in syslog (quite an accomplishment!) . The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried in addition to your suggestions above about unloading/reloading drivers or whatever, is to swap web cams on the two machines to see where the problem follows, but I've lost my energy for this.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Okay. For future reference - the following command will list which drivers are being used for which device.
Code: Select all
lsusb -t

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]