This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Spotify Recorder :

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stoah
Registered Member

Spotify Recorder :

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:16 pm
Hey people,

I was thinking to download or record some musics from Spotify if possible. I have look a little bit for a Spotify Music Downloader but unfortunately didn't find any which could really capture streaming Spotify. Do you have by chance any idea about how to record some musics from Spotify?

Thanks in advance!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Spotify Recorder :

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm
If you are a Spotify subscriber you can just downlaod the tracks you are interested in. But keep in mind this has nothing to do with KDE, so not really on topic here.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Thaodan
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:47 pm
I think he meant something like the LastFM Plugin for Amarok. There was a GSoC project[1] in 2012 for but I don't know its recent status.

[1] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/pro ... ofan/14001
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 pm
I don't think so, his question is for a stream ripper, there is no such thing in KDE or even Amarok.

Spotify integration in Amarok is to be able to play tracks from Spotify as an additional collection, but certainly not to download streams. The project is on hold for legal reasons.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Eothred
Registered Member
OS

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 am
@Mamarok, could you elaborate on these legal issues? I currently use Spotify more than Amarok since this plugin is not available. I would absolutely love to have my Spotify playlists directly available inside Amarok instead of having to use two clients. I have been looking around for news about this, but haven't seen anything since the GSoC project (which sounded successful).
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 am
Well, the problem is quite obivous: the libspotify library is not Free Software or GPL compatible, that is the main reason as no distribution will ship it by default.