This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMIX wont start, volume control applications for KDE 4.10.5?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
irisnova
Registered Member
Hey everybody. :)
Recently my KMIX accidently got deleted of my panel. I was trying to find a widget so I could put it back but that wasn't the way I was supposed to do it. So I found a website telling me I had to open KMIX and click "Show on panel" from the program. The problem happens when I try to start KMIX. it acts like its going to start but then it just goes away and doesn't actually start.
This probably wont help anyone but for the heck of it I tried starting Kmix from command line, this is what it says.
Code: Select all
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.                                                                                       
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.

If there is an alternate volume control application that would be terrific, if not. I hope someone knows how to fix this.

Help greatly appriciated
google01103
Manager
are you sure that Kmix doesn't start but is just hidden in the system tray?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Can you also check to see if KMix is actually running in the background? You can do this using "System Activity" which is accessible from the graph icon in KRunner (itself accessible via Alt + F2).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]