This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Integrating Google Play Music into KDE

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tobik
Registered Member
I've just started using Google Play Music and I have seen a lot of screenshots with Ubuntu having this service pretty tightly integrated into UI (no browser, just a simple window, integration into Unity etc). It is something like this possible in KDE? I have found a nice plugin for Amarok that should support Google Play Music but it just throws a lot of errors and doesn't play anything (the plugin hasn't been updated for a while so I guess it's no longer compatible with the service).

Although it would be perfect to access Google Play Music through Amarok, I don't necessarily need it since the web UI is pretty neat. However it would be nice to get the player out of the browser window (web controls are useless) and it would be also nice to have the possibility to control the music player (play, pause, next/prev song, volume) using keyboard shortcuts just like in Amarok.

I've found Nuvola player, but it generally didn't work well. It's a Gnome application and feels very "alien" in KDE.

Any alternative ways?