This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kmix doesn't show Flash Player volume control

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
StMartin81
Registered Member
Hello,

normally kmix allows to control the volume for every program. On my system kmix doesn't show the volume control for the Flas Player though. I've tried it with both veromix and pavucontrol and they both show the Flash Player volume control. Another thing which doesn't seem right is that when I start the vlc player I see two volume controls (this is also true for the veromix mixer but pavucontrol shows only volume control).

Did anyone else also experience these problems and is there a way to fix these?

I'm running Archlinux with KDE 4.11.3.

Regards
Martin
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I have currently 2 open Tabs with Flash running, both show as "Chromium: Playback" in KMix.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
StMartin81
Registered Member
Ok, I tried it with a fresh user account and there it works too. Now the question is: What do I have to reset to make it work on my normal user account also? I'd be really glad if I wouldn't have to delete my complete user preferences to fix this error.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Try erasing the kmixrc file in $HOME/.kde/share/config

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
StMartin81
Registered Member
Thanks for trying to help me! Unfortunately that didn't solve my problem. I've renamed my .kde4 folder and thus started with a new kde profile and now it works as expected. So it does seem to be indeed some misconfiguration in my kde settings. Unfortunately I still don't know what causes the problem.

Edit: I've managed to copy copy my kmail akonadi settings to my new profile which is basically the main configuration which I didn't want to loose. I guess I just stick with the new profile as it seems to be working fine now.