This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is Kaffeine doomed to die?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Is Kaffeine doomed to die?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm
Hello
with great regret, I read today this comment on the Kaffeine Sub-Forum. I think, I interpret it correctly that this program is deemed to die, as it is no longer maintained.
· Can the KDE.ORG-organisation really a afford such a blow, only a couple of years after the loss of a very great program to set up websites?
· What other programs are recommended to use to watch TV on the computer? All other aspects are dealt with other, perhaps not KDE applications. Watching TV over the computer is very convenient and has worked for me for many years now.
· Unfortunately, I can not contribute anything in matters maintaining, as I have absolutely no idea of programming (I can not even right a script) and I will touch 70 years coming summer - making learning it rather a no-go.

I found out, because I have a actual problem: I can see Stations on Astra but not on Hotbird. This is only so since Kubuntu 13.04. We (me and an aerial engineer) have tested this afternoon all possibilities with the computer AND with a normal TV and a Humax Decoder. We also exchanged all cables from one machine to the other, but there was always the same situation: TV: both satellites are perfect, Computer only Astra shows picture and sound.

Thanks for any help.

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Is Kaffeine doomed to die?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:27 pm
There is the possibility that Plasma Media Center will pick up support for this, however it will be dependent on a developer who has access to appropriate hardware being interested in developing it. The current developers who work on PMC can't implement this due to the lack of DVB signals unfortunately.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]