This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMix: Use laptop and HDMI television speakers simultaneously

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Atalanttore
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

First, I would like to use the speakers of my notebook and the speakers of my via HDMI connected television simultaneously.
The second thing is that I would like to automatically turn off the notebook speakers when the notebook lid is closed.

What do I need to configure for this in KDE 4.12?

Regards,
Ettore Atalan
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does your system use Pulseaudio? If so, try checking the audio profiles on offer in System Settings > Multimedia > Phonon > Audio Hardware Setup. If a option which enables you to use both the inbuilt speakers and HDMI audio simultaneously isn't present there, then you will need to look into manually adding an appropriate profile to Pulseaudio. This can probably be done through it's configuration file.

In terms of the integrated speakers - would simply muting them be sufficient? If so, you might want to look into the various actions offered by KDE Power Management - as it can run scripts in various circumstances.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Atalanttore
Registered Member
OS
I think so.

Available profiles:

What do I need to do with the configuration file and where do I find this file?

Regards,
Ettore Atalan
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Pulseaudio is automatically configuring for the most part, and uses system wide configuration files for the remainder.
Please see http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Softwar ... /Profiles/ for more information on writing a Pulseaudio profile - this is a fairly complicated task unfortunately.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]