This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Setting a universal Play/Pause for all software with it

Tags: keyboard setup, juk, amarok keyboard setup, juk, amarok keyboard setup, juk, amarok
(comma "," separated)
Lady Aleena
Registered Member
OS
I have a play/pause button on my keyboard I am trying to set for all software I have with play/pause which is currently Juk and Amarok. The problem is Juk and Amarok have play/pause in the Global Keyboard Shortcuts. So, if I set my play/pause button for Juk, I can not set it for Amarok. I would like to have the play/pause key set for all software with a play/pause setting making it universal. (Hopefully it would work for Dragon Player [if it would stop crashing] and VLC too.)

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.
Lady Aleena

KDE: 4.8.4; OS: Debian 7
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I'm afraid KDE only supports one application having a global keyboard shortcut for a given shortcut combination at any time.

You could workaround this limitation by writing a script which invokes the appropriate D-Bus interfaces of each application and performs the action desired - and register the script using the Custom Shortcuts system in System Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]